Short History of WCCC
Word Christian Community Church (WCCC) was registered under the name Word Christian Fellowship, Charitable Organization under the laws of British Columbia on February 19, 1999. Last April 28, 2015, the Registrar of Companies, Province of British Columbia has officially approved the change of name. Of the original five founding directors, only Bro. Ron de Villa and Bro. Babes Paulate (former WIN International Overseer) remained active in WCCC and WIN.
WCCC held services for a few years at the Spanish Cultural Centre in Carnarvon Street. In April of 2008, we moved the worship service to Justice Institute of British Columbia (JIBC) at McBride Boulevard, New Westminster and acquired our first church property which served as WCCC’s headquarters: the Word Covenant Centre at 930 1st Street, New Westminster. In January 2014, we have sold this property and temporarily held office at Suite 215-1515 Broadway St. Port Coquitlam V3C-6M2.
Starting September 2015, WCCC moved to its own office building and main worship hall at 336 Agnes St, New Westminster, BC V3L 1E9.
WCCC has also opened six daughter churches since 2007: Surrey, Richmond, Vancouver, Burnaby, Maple Ridge and our youth and young adults church – Bridge Network Fellowship (BNF). The mother church and main worship hall is in New Westminster.
Vision, Mission, Strategic Goals and Values
To function as a truly biblical church, totally in love with God, and fully deployed in His calling, while serving Him through our communities, using our spiritual gifts in the most effective way possible.
To obey God’s commandments passionately as a biblical church through local and international community outreaches and engagements.
Our S.M.A.R.T. Goals
- To fulfill the Great Commission by having at least ten healthy and vibrant local churches located in key cities of British Columbia by the end of 2022 or earlier
- To set up a more comprehensive and reliable database system that will effectively serve the ministry needs of key leaders and members by the end of 2018 or earlier
- To employ full-time pastors that are educated, skilled (1 Peter 3:15) and most importantly, of Godly character (1 Tim. 3:1-7 and Titus 1:6-9)
- To establish the WCCC as the centre for in-classroom and online school of Church Administration and Leadership by 2020 or earlier
- To acquire a church campsite in Hope, Mission, Chilliwack or even Kelowna area by 2022 or earlier
- To appoint a full time youth pastor for BNF with competitive salary in two to five years
- To pay-off our church mortgage within five to ten years
- Biblical Integrity
- Commitment to Excellence
- Community Engagement
- Innovative Methods
- Team Success